Members of the Board of Trustees
- Mr. Andy F. Bessette
- Mr. Charles F. Bunnell
- Ms. Shari G. Cantor
- Mr. Richard T. Carbray, Jr.
- Mr. Sanford Cloud, Jr.
- Andrea Dennis-LaVigne, D.V.M.
- Marilda L. Gandara, Esq.
- Ms. Mary Ann Handley (Governor’s Representative)
- Mr. Jeremy L. Jelliffe (Student Trustee)
- Thomas E. Kruger, Esq.
- Ms. Rebecca Lobo
- The Honorable Dannel P. Malloy (President), Governor of Connecticut
- Mr. Donny Marshall
- Mr. Lawrence D. McHugh (Chair)
- Mr. Denis J. Nayden
- Mr. Steven K. Reviczky,
- Mr. David Rifkin
- Thomas D. Ritter, Esq.
- Ms. Catherine H. Smith
- Dr. Dianna R. Wentzell
Officers of Administration
- Susan Herbst, President of the University
- Mun Y. Choi, Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Andrew Agwunobi, Interim Executive Vice President for Health Affairs
- Jeffrey Seemann, Vice President for Research
The Graduate School
- Kent E. Holsinger, Vice Provost for Graduate Education and Dean of the Graduate School
- Barbara E. Kream, Associate Dean of the Graduate School – Health Center
- Victoria Blodgett, Assistant Dean of the Graduate School –Storrs and Regional
- Anne Lanzit, Program Manager– Admissions
- Lisa Pane, Systems Administrator – Information Technology
- Charmane Thurmand, Graduate Diversity Officer
- Ann Wilhelm, Database Manger
- Terra A. Zuidema, Program Manager – Records
Graduate Faculty Council
The Graduate Faculty Council is the legislative body of The Graduate School. It establishes academic policy for graduate education, except for those areas reserved to the Board of Trustees, to the University Senate, or to the faculties of other colleges and schools. The sixty (60) members, representing specific content areas derived from constituent Fields of Study, are elected to serve three (3) year terms. The membership includes two (2) voting student members chosen by the Graduate Student Senate. The President, the Provost, the Vice Provost for Graduate Education and Dean of The Graduate School, and certain other administrative officers of The Graduate School are non-voting, ex-officio members. The Council, representing the Graduate Faculty at large, exercises legislative authority in such areas as admissions criteria, curricular and degree requirements, new course approval, academic program review, and the like.
The Executive Committee
The Executive Committee has both executive and advisory responsibilities to the Graduate Faculty Council and to the Vice Provost for Graduate Education and Dean of the Graduate School. Its membership is drawn from the Graduate Faculty Council and from the Graduate Faculty at large. The Dean serves as chair. The Executive Committee is the steering committee for the Graduate Faculty Council. It advises the Vice Provost on matters of policy and regulatory interpretation, approves plans of study and dissertation prospectuses, and considers on the basis of academic merit proposals to modify or to create Fields of Study and areas of concentration. Members include:
- Richard W. Bass, Professor of Music
- Victoria Blodgett, Assistant Dean of The Graduate School – Storrs and Regional (ex-officio)
- Sylvain De Guise, Associate Professor of Pathobiology
- Kelly Dennis, Associate Professor of Art and Art History
- Etan Markus, Professor, Psychology
- Kent E. Holsinger, Vice Provost for Graduate Education and Dean of The Graduate School (ex- officio), Chair
- Barbara Parziale, (ex-officio) Secretary
- Barbara E. Kream, Associate Dean of the Graduate School – Health Center (ex-officio)
- Joseph J. LoTurco, Professor of Physiology and Neurobiology
- Shayla C. Nunnally, Assistant Professor of Political Science
- Lynn Puddington, Associate Professor of Medicine
- Janet Watson, Associate Professor, History